Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Burlington Coat Factory

Hey, this is Bailey writing again today. Earlier today I went to Burlington Coat Factory to see if they had any cheap shoes since I just had a pair of flip flops, and when I went to pay, the cashier made me cry. After she told me my total she asked me if I would like to donate any money to help fund cancer research. So, with tearing up eyes I said, "Yes, I would because my eight month old son was recently diagnosed with neuroblastoma, and we are living at St. Francis hospital while he went through chemo and is fighting infections." She said she was so sorry and then her eyes teared up, too. Whenever I think that my baby's cancer has finally sunk in something like this happens and it feels like another slap in the face that Daxter is sick. I know he's getting better, and in the last few days it's been such a turn around from how he was just one week ago that I know he's being blessed. He's playing again and he's more alert than he was. He hardly ever needs morphine. Last night he also had a tiny peice of a rice crispy treat, and he got so excited. After he chewed on it for a while and then dropped it on the floor he was just so full of kisses and hugs. He hasn't tried to give anyone a kiss since way before we even got to St. Francis so it was so heartwarming to see him try. I'm so excited to see him acting happier, but at the same time I'm terrified to see him down again. It breaks my heart to see Daxter hurting so bad that he doesn't even want to be touched, especially since he's usually such a snuggler, like he hurt a week ago. Right now the days are getting easier, but I know they will get hard again. However, I know they will get happy again, too. I also know that soon the days will get happy and stay happy. I love him so much and I am so thankful that you all are so supportive and full of love for not only him but the whole family. It makes it so much easier knowing that people are so supportive of our family.  Thank you.

Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment