Saturday, October 9, 2010

EKG and Giraffes

Hey everyone its Bailey writing this morning. Daxter had a good night, he was still on the morphine through the night but is now completly off it. The doctor came in and said his sodium levels were very low and so they are starting him on sodium. They are also going to give him the other half of his blood transfusion this morning. They also did a EKG to determine his heart rate function before starting chemo so that they can determine if the Chemo starts affecting his heart. They are also going to do another Cat Scan to determine if the tumor behind his eye is growing. He has four tumors, one behind his eye, two in his chest, and one large one in his abdomen.  They biopsy is back and Daxter does have Nueroblastoma cancer and will start chemo tomorrow most likely.  They can not operate on him him because of how big the tumors are and they can't radiate the tumors. So they are starting the chemo tomorrow but they have to watch him for the next 24 to 48 hours because they are most critical. They say that once the tumors start breaking down that it could overwhelm his body so they have to make sure his electrolytes are good before starting which is why they are waiting 24 hours before starting chemo.   They think he may have a picked up a virus becuase he is coughing and has a runny nose.  They did a nose swab to check on this.
I am excited to see him more awake and playing with his giraffe and pink bug which are some his favorite toys. We are anxious to see the results from the Cat scan, swab, and to start the chemo. My husband and I are scared to death but we are not giving up faith and the hope we have in Jesus Christ. We know all things are possible through him and we believe in the power of prayer.  I want to take this time to thank you all for your prayers, love and support through this time. I am overwhelmed by the amount of prayers and love we have gotten and amazed at how God is working to spread Daxter's name all over the world. Please continue to pray for him especially during the next 24 to next 48 hours which are critical.  Pray that his body accepts the chemo and that he responds well to it and that it doesn't overwhelm his body.
We love you all!

Bailey

1 comment:

  1. Just want to let you know that we are right here with you every step of the way....we love your sweet little family and are trusting that God will do a mighty work in this very difficult time. Hold on tight to His unchanging hand! If there's anything we can do to help out, don't hesitate to call (Kristin and Charlotte both can give you our number...and we're in the church directory)!
    I have cried nearly every time I have thought of your family in recent days and found encouragement in the following passage....I hope you will as well. Take refuge and allow Him to carry you through....he is BIGGER than this! We love you! Many prayers going up for you all.

    Psalm 57
    1 Be merciful unto me, O God, be merciful unto me: for my soul trusteth in thee: yea, in the shadow of thy wings will I make my refuge, until these calamities be overpast.
    2 I will cry unto God most high; unto God that performeth all things for me.
    3 He shall send from heaven, and save me from the reproach of him that would swallow me up. Selah. God shall send forth his mercy and his truth.

    ReplyDelete